I provide clinical counseling to children, adolescents, adults, parents, and families.
Afterschool and evening session hours are available.
My areas of interests and professional experience include:
- Adjustment Difficulties (i.e., divorce, retirement, relocation, change in school, college challenges, birth of a sibling, blending of families, adoption, etc.)
- Anxiety (i.e., excessive worries, panic feelings, academic fears, avoidant behavior, separation anxiety, fear of evaluation or performance, etc.)
- Being taunted, bullied, or ostracized
- Depression (i.e., sadness, withdrawal, feelings of hopelessness and helplessness, loss of interest, tearfulness, irritability, etc.)
- Difficulty forming and sustaining satisfying relationships, loneliness
- Ethnic and cultural diversity issues (i.e., struggling with immigration, feeling lost and caught between two or more cultural values, loss of family hierarchy due to relocation, etc.)
- Loss and Grief (i.e., death; changes in identity due to illness, development, school/career change; etc.)
- Low Self-esteem
- Multigenerational Households
- Maneuvering developmental demands (i.e., peer relationships, academic demands, dating, identity formation, career/college selection, etc.)
- Personal Growth
- Physical and Developmental Disabilities (i.e., segregation, discrimination, adjusting to an acquired disability, difficulty faced by siblings and/or caregivers/parents of those with disabilities, etc.)
- Stress Management
- Trauma (i.e., abuse, accidents, exposure to verbal and/or domestic violence, removal from birth parents, natural disasters, etc.)
This is only a brief list. If you do not see the issue that is stressing you in the above list, or you are wondering how my services may be of help to you or loved one, please contact me at 408-691-6528.